Anchor Belle Holiday Park Dog Policy
In order to ensure the comfort, enjoyment and safety of all our guests, we have established a set of clear and enforceable rules to ensure all dog owners act & take responsibility in regards to the actions and behaviour of their dogs. Dogs are not permitted in any of our roofed accommodation.
We do not accept dogs during peak/holiday periods, long weekends or across special events.
Please also be aware that failure to adhere to the following rules may revoke your stay immediately without refund or recourse:
Anchor Belle Holiday Park provides a limited number of dog friendly sites, (not the entire park). While these sites will generally be available we may need to alter the sites due to ground maintenance or other operational reasons and may need to move guests accordingly.
There are no restrictions on access for guide dogs or companion dogs at any time of the year, customers have to provide proof, in advance, that the dog is a certified guide/companion dog.
All other rules above still apply.
We allow no more than 2 dogs per site and are currently not able to accommodate pets in our cabins.
Dogs are not allowed during the following times:
• Summer School Holidays (including Christmas, New Year, Australia Day Long Weekend)
• Labour Day Long Weekend
• Easter Long Weekend
• Autumn School Holidays
• ANZAC Day (with according weekend)
• Queen's Birthday Long Weekend *TRIAL FOR PETS
• Spring School Holidays
• Phillip Island Moto GP
• AFL Grand Final Long Weekend
• Melbourne Cup Weekend
● You must inform management prior to confirming your booking that you understand these rules and accept them.
● Dogs must not be aggressive, or act aggressively – they should not bark at people, cars, children, bikes, other dogs or at night. The dog owner must agree that the park owner/manager reserves the right to evict any guests whose dog is deemed noisy, disruptive, or aggressive. It is the dog owner’s responsibility and the dog owner’s alone to control and manage their dog. If in the view of the park management this has not happened to an acceptable level the owner and the dog may be evicted from the park, without prior warning, immediately at the manager’s discretion, without refund.
● The Domestic Animals Regulation 2015 in Victoria requires that all dog owners of declared dangerous or menacing dogs and restricted breed dogs must comply with all requirements of the Act. Any dog that has been declared dangerous or menacing must NOT be brought into the caravan park.
● All dogs must be leashed and supervised by a responsible adult, at all times, while on park grounds. No exceptions.
A leash must be no more than 3 metres in length. This includes no dog ‘runs’ to be set up. These leashes must prevent the dog leaving your site. Supervised means not left alone in a car/van/tent etc.
● Dogs must be in good health, wormed, vaccinated, debugged, not carrying transferrable diseases etc. If the dog has major illness please inform staff so we can manage it responsibly.
● For health and safety reasons dogs are not allowed within 10 metres of the following areas of the park: pool, jumping cushion, playground, ball court, games room, camp kitchen, BBQ areas, amenities, reception & laundry. Dogs are not allowed inside the ensuite sites.
● For health and safety reasons, do not use communal park facilities: including sinks, to wash your pet or bedding.
A non refundable $30.00 fee will be charged to the credit card held on your booking if any bedding and blankets are washed in our communal washing machines.
● Dog owners are 100% responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog’s or pet’s waste immediately. Please use a sealed plastic bag and then place in one of the bins provided.
● Dog owners are personally responsible, and will be held to be so, for all personal injuries and/or property damage and/or losses in relation to any actions of their dog and agree to pay for any claims of compensation in relation to the dog’s activities.